Ontario First Nation Policing Agreement Holders
In Ontario, First Nations policing is provided under the Ontario First Nations Policing Agreement, in line with the federal government’s First Nations Policing Policy. The following is included under this agreement:
• Contracted Services
• OPP Administered
The OPP currently administers police services for First Nation communities. The OPP endeavours to hire First Nation officers and works very closely with the First Nation communities to ensure that the level of service and First Nation commitment is perceived to be high.
• Self–Administered (SA) First Nation Police Services
How Our Services Can Help
• Audits of the service levels, response times, handling of sensitive situations, etc. on a regular basis. This is required to meet the information needs of political leadership and is also a key element to making a case for a community to move to a Self Administered operation.
• To act as a trusted and educated ear. Communities may not know what questions to ask and may also not clearly understand whether the responses are acceptable or not.
Click here to contact Mr. Whitlow for a consultation.
Let us use our 20 years of policing expertise to help your community with:
• First Nation Police Governance Issues
• Development or Maintenance of Boards or Commissions
• First Nation By-Law Development
• First Nations Alternatives to Justice
• First Nation Police Services
Contact us today for a consultation. Click here
Understanding Your Needs
Dave Whitlow & Associates understands the needs of the First Nation policing and justice sector.
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?